=Bailey is Pivoting to School=
September 11, 2020
Dear Bailey Families,
The school is ready… Our teachers are ready… We are just missing our students! We know that they are ready too...and so are you! We are busy preparing for in-person learning, and we are excited to welcome our sweet students back into our physical classrooms on Thursday, September 17th. In order to provide the best transition possible to our school building, we have provided parent tasks, resources, and a few additional reminders about navigating our school and our new procedures.
Keeping our parents in mind, below we’ve broken this into two areas to best assist you. This only applies to parents with students physically returning to the school.
- Parent Items to Complete
- Site Information for Bailey
For students that will be joining our teachers for the first time this school year, parents will receive an email from their child’s teacher introducing themselves on Monday, September 14th by 4:00 PM. Students that are pivoting to virtual learning with Acellus, will be contacted separately.
We certainly wish that we could do all of those things that make a “first day” of physical school a special memory for all, but this time it will only be our teachers and staff allowed in our hallways. Our staff is prepared to welcome, greet, and guide our students physically to their classrooms on their first morning to the building. We sure hope to be back to a variety of beloved traditions soon. In the meantime, thank you so much for trusting us with your children and giving us the opportunity to provide them an excellent school year and caring school community.
As always, our office is happy to assist you with any questions you may have.
Welcome Back, Bailey!
Mrs. Hearn | Principal
=Parent Items to Complete=
- Please complete this form for each child attending Bailey.
- This form is shared with your child’s teacher to assist in making sure students go home according to your preferences.
- Student Medication Drop-Off, if applicable
- If your child requires prescription medication dosing during the school day, please visit our office anytime between 9 and 4 the week of September 14th to drop off medication. You will need to fill out corresponding paperwork.
- Medication must be in its original container and must be dispensed according to the RX instructions.
- Students are not permitted to transport medication to or from school.
- Student School Supplies
- Most families have already purchased school supplies for this year. If you have not, now is a great time to do so. Linked you will find the 20-21 Bailey School Supply List.
- Should your child be in need of school supplies due to financial hardship, please notify your child’s teacher or our office, as we can likely assist in meeting their supply needs.
- Please gather the materials given to you by our school. Students will need to return these items to the classroom to use during in-person instruction.
- Student Device & Hotspots
- If your child checked out a Chromebook or iPad for Pivot to Home learning, please send that device to school with your child on Thursday, September 17th. Be sure to include the power cord as well.
- If you picked up a wi-fi hotspot from OPS, please also send that to school with your child.
- Parents are welcome to personally deliver these items in lieu of sending them with your child on September 17th. Parents can drop these off at our front drive sidewalk.
- Breakfast & Lunch Planning
- Due to the extension of a waiver from the USDA, at this time ALL students may eat free.
- If your family qualifies or you are curious as to whether your child would qualify for Free/Reduced Meal status. Please complete this form now.
- Student Masks
- OPS is providing students with 2 cloth masks automatically on the first day of school.
- We encourage you to creatively label your child’s mask, tie a colorful ribbon to it, or connect it to a lanyard to assist them in keeping track of their own mask. This will also discourage sharing and decrease the odds of accidentally grabbing the wrong one.
- Please Read: OPS Fall 2020 Parent Reference for Families
- Please prepare your child to bring their school issued device and supplies in a means that is manageable for them. Every single thing does not need to be brought on day one. We have provided guidance below.
- Day 1: If you have a school issued device, please have your child return the device and power cord to school on September 17th.
- Day 1: Please send your child’s basic supplies (pencils, crayons…) to limit their need to use shared supplies.
- Day 2 or 3: We sent home packets and workbook materials before the start of school, those will need to be sent back. However, those could wait until Day 2 or 3 to return if it is easier for your child to manage.
August 17, 2020
=Welcome BACK Bailey Families!=
August 17, 2020
Never have we ever missed our students as much as we are missing them now! We have all been on such an unexpected journey over the past several months. While we know that life has been different and uncertain at times, we absolutely know that school is a cornerstone of our students’ world. We are so fortunate to have the support of our parents and community as we prepare to welcome our amazing students back, even if it isn’t in person just quite yet.
While returning in “Pivot to Home” was not our preference, we are prepared to welcome students and OPS has crafted numerous documents with helpful information for parents. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them on the Owasso Public Schools website. Information will continue to be updated throughout the year. Additionally, official OPS communication will continue to be sent via email directly to your inbox. The Owasso Public Schools and Bailey Facebook pages will also continue to support keeping you informed with happenings and reminders. We’ve got you covered!
Typical of our school, our building is buzzing with excitement and anticipation! Although we are not able to welcome students into the school buildings at this time, teachers have been working through classroom procedures and adjusting their classroom environments to be inviting and engaging for student learning, while also making adjustments for the health and safety of our students. Our teachers have spent time preparing their virtual platform with which to welcome our students, as well. Much time and effort is dedicated over the summer months in preparation for the best learning experience possible for your child(ren). We have an outstanding crew of educators that are eager to have the most fantastic year of learning, laughing, and growing as a school family! We are looking forward to partnering with you for the success of your child(ren).
Families that have chosen Acellus, the OPS elementary virtual program, we want you to know your child is still a Bailey student. We wish our students a successful start to the year. We look forward to seeing them, once they return to the school building in the future.
Below you will find necessary information about staying connected with us. Should you have any questions, our office is happy to assist you.
Looking forward to the days ahead…
Happy New School Year!
Mrs. Hearn | Principal
=Let’s Get YOU Connected=
Calendars & Website
School and District calendars are available on our website at www.owassops.org. You are able to customize your views for single sites, multiple sites, or the district as a whole. This calendar serves as our official calendar for school. Please be sure to save the link! Our school and district websites are also a great source of information.
Text Messages & Emails
Our school periodically sends out official communication messages for parents via our student information system. These notices go directly to the contact information you have provided. This is helpful in providing you important communication for our district and our school site.
Follow our school and the Bailey Booster Club on Facebook! Be sure to search/type the exact names:
- Larkin Bailey Elementary School
- Bailey Booster Club
Grade Level Facebook Pages
For Face-to-Face/Pivot to Home Only - Parents of Acellus virtual students may be added back once their students return.
These grade-level specific pages are also an excellent resource for you as a parent. These are closed groups that you have to request access to in order to gain access. You can locate the specific page names on our website under the Facebook Pages tab. With this tool, we are able to capture your child’s day and bring it to life for you! On these pages, you will receive helpful information, reminders, pictures, and videos! This has become a popular favorite of our parents!